Monday, February 2, 2015

A Shoe Patch Machine

One of the things I love about having an embroidery business is that I'm always surrounded by various machines, thread and fabric. It's really heaven for a seamstress! We have a lot of requests to sew patches onto hats, shirts, uniforms, etc. Trying to jam a hat into any of my flatbed machines or even a machine with a free arm just ends up smashing the hat and giving me fits. And stopping production on the embroidery machines to set them up to do that is really not good use of our time. So I traded one of my other industrial machines I wasn't really using for this one. It will do everything the traded one did and much more! Fixing chewed up heavy duty dog beds and easily sewing through dog collars is one example. Sewing patches on the Wyoming Army National Guard uniform arms today will be much easier!

It was interesting to see that these machines haven't changed much at all since the late 1800's/early 1900's. Just take a look at the picture below. I had actually seriously considered an old Singer from the early 1900's but since I made a trade I got a new one. BUT...that doesn't mean I won't still end up getting a vintage Singer with a treadle table if I find a good deal. It would look great in our studio and then the new one could go to a new home. I just love vintage machines!
Til later,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment